Taking a photo of Keris using Android phone on the beach

Posted by David Khoirul
My best friend Jhony Ahmad and I went to the beach in our village Blimbing about seven months ago before I left for Jakarta. We both love photography; talking about photography is the breakfast we always do every morning as we have coffee in a warung kopi.

On Facebook and Twitter, we join some mobile photography community. Kamera HP Gw is one of them. As the group held a photo contest featuring blue photography (taking photos with blue as dominating color), Jhony came up with an idea of going to the beach, possibly to take photos of the blue sky or sea.

The interesting thing is this: He brought a keris, an  Indonesian traditional weapon. Keris is an asymmetrical dagger with distinctive blade-patterning achieved through alternating laminations of iron and nickelous iron.

I took some shots using my phone Cross A7#. It was a windy afternoon at 5 p.m. when the tides slowly moved towards us and the sky turned orange and bluish. I can smell the sand, a smell that makes everyone want to go home.



After selecting some best shots, I chose this one for image processing. I edited this picture in Photoshop Touch for Phone, the mobile version of Adobe Photoshop. However, editing doesn't automatically make every photo awesome. It's still about the man behind the gun. In this image, I added some artificial hills to give mysterious effect and horror.

Unfortunately I lost the original picture, so the one you see here is from my Instagram album. Low resolution, I'm sorry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment