How to take dramatic photos of tree from cellphone

Posted by David Khoirul
Living in Jakarta for four months now, I miss my village, a place where I can find exotic beach and beautiful sunset. Jakarta is too dirty. The sky is like a beautiful person who never takes a bath for so long that she looks ugly, not good looking anymore despite the many accessories she wears. I can never enjoy sunset or sunrise in Jakarta. They just look so flat.

In Blimbing, finding photos like this one is easy.



Look, the sky is simply amazing with the dramatic tree standing alone. I took this photo using my phone Cross A7# while riding a motorbike with Jhony Ahmad. How do I take such a photo? It was a cloudy afternoon and while our motorbike went by this spot, I stopped. I said to Jhony that this could be a beautiful photo.

I tried to find the best composition and finally went for old school “rule of thirds.” For me, rule of thirds is like keyboard shortcut on your PC. When you can’t find the best composition, just go for rule of thirds, breaking an image down into thirds (both horizontally and vertically) so that you have 9 parts.


Now you can identify four important parts of the image. In these points, you can place your subjects. People call it as golden section because it’s like magic points that drive interest from your eyes.

This photo of dramatic afternoon was edited in Pixlr Express, an Android app developed by Autodeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment