My first scanned drawing

Posted by David Khoirul

Finally I scanned my drawing. My two previous drawings of Sury Samsurya, which I posted yesterday, were captured with Jhony's Galaxy Pocket, and as you can see, the quality is bad. So now I'm satisfied with the scanning, thanks to my friend Tofa. He helped scan my works in his internet booth in Brondong.

Now again, my photo reference belongs to Sury, a 32-year-old Bugisnese who lives in the capital city of Jakarta. Sury teaches in a kindergarten and is an avid fan of American rock band Evanescence.

The lighting of her portrait is simply amazing. In her SMS, she told me she took this photo with Blackberry Oyink, near the window, in her house in Tanjung Priuk, North Jakarta.

Photoshop plays an important role here. Some adjustments, including Levels and Saturation, make it one of my best works I've ever done so far. It took more than five hours to finish this pencil drawing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment