The Wall and Simplicity

Posted by David Khoirul

jalan PT Omya Dengok, Paciran, LamonganMy friend Arif "Adam" Dana Mulya and I did some portrait shots on P.T. Omya street, in the village of Dengok, Lamongan. It takes us only three minutes by motorbike from our home in Blimbing. Almost every Friday morning, Adam and I take pictures here. We love the street, the teak, and the long standing wall that leads to the company office.

Using this three-meter-high wall as a background, I tried to create a photo with simplicity, asking Adam to stand just in the golden section, the position of Rule of Thirds, a principle in photography composition. Although he doesn't seem to be satisfied with this picture, I like the simplicity effect it produces, especially after some processing in Adobe Photoshop CS5, my all time favorite image editor.

P.T. Omya is a calcium company which has operated since early 90s. To run the production, the company drills the limestone of a hill called Gunung Sangga Dulang, which literally translates as "Mount Rice Pan Supporter." The company is situated directly at the Gunung Sangga Dulang hill in the village of Blimbing, but the road to the office spreads along Dengok, Kandang Semangkon.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger,
    and I was wondering your situation; we have developed
    some nice practices and we are looking to exchange strategies with others, be sure to
    shoot me an email if interested.

    Here is my blog post oregon auto insurance

    ReplyDelete