Nazaruddin's letter to Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono

Posted by David Khoirul

letter Nazaruddin SBY susilo bambang yudhoyono corruptionMuhammad Nazaruddin, the graft suspect and former Democratic Party treasurer, asked for his wife and three children to be protected, by writing a letter to the party’s chief patron, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.

On Thursday, according to Nazaruddin’'s lawyer Afrian Bondjol, the letter was delivered to the Presidential Palace.

"When we visited Nazaruddin at Kelapa Dua in Depok, West Java, yesterday, he“ dictated the letter to us. Then we printed it and he signed it earlier today,”" said Afrian. Available to some national newspapers, the letter reads as follows:

Jakarta, August 18, 2011

To:

The President of the Republic of Indonesia

Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono

In Jakarta

I beg you to immediately send me to jail without the need for a judicial process. I am willing to be put in prison for years as long as you promise to give material and mental peace to my family, particularly my wife and children.

I have to explain that my wife is indeed a domestic woman who knows nothing about the affairs of the party. I also promise that I will not disclose anything that could damage the image of the Democratic Party or the KPK, for the sake of the nation.

Here is my letter in which I kindly ask for the help and attention of Mr. President.

Kind regards,

Muhammad Nazaruddin

via The Jakarta Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment