Angry Birds reaches 200 million downloads

Posted by David Khoirul

Angry Birds downloadI keep wondering why people love Finland-based game Angry Birds so much. Last month, when I installed it for the first time, I found nothing special on the game which was released by Apple in December 2009. Author and my friend Arul Chandrana, however, likes to play it.

In the game, you use a slingshot to launch birds at pigs stationed on or within various structures, with the intent of destroying all the pigs on the playfield. As you advance through the game, new birds appear, some with particular abilities that can be activated by the player. I don't find this interesting, in my opinion.

I admit that, despite my dislikeness, the popularity of the game is huge. Techcrunch writes Angry Birds have topped 200 million downloads, almost the same number as Indonesian population -- can you imagine all Indonesians play Angry Birds?

Angry Birds downloads have topped 200 million. To put that in perspective, another app store darling Foursquare recently reached 10 million downloads.

Angry Birds is available in many platforms, including mobile phone with operational systems like Java and Symbians. If you're curious about the game, download now the Java version of Angry Birds v1.1 here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment