My first dragonfly

Posted by David Khoirul

chalky percher dragonflyI had never succesfully captured dragonflies until I owned Sony Ericsson K810i with a cyber-shot camera. Besides the fact that dragonflies always move -- which makes it difficult to shoot -- my previous phone cameras are very low in quality and unable to do macro focus capturing.

The chalky percher dragonfly, the one you see in this photo, is female. My friend Doddy Estiara tells me the males have bluish color and are scientifically called diplacodes trivialis.

Taken on a sunny day, the photo looks more like being shot in sepia or black&white mode. In fact, the color resulted from the sun light.

Location: Blimbing, Lamongan, East Java.
Camera: Sony Ericsson K810i

1 comment:

  1. Hello bro, i would like to exchange link with you, hope you don't mind :-), your link is already in my blog

    ReplyDelete