Blackberry will soon be replaced by Android

Posted by David Khoirul

While many Indonesians are turning to smartphone platforms like Symbian and Blackberry, I keep using my Java phone, Sony Ericsson. I don't have any interest in using smartphones. With my Sony Ericsson K600i, I enjoy browsing the internet, download large files, chatting with my fellow bloggers, and updating blog posts.

If you are a Blackberry user and willing to keep yourself up to date, then, trust me, this platform is going to be replaced by Android, a mobile operating system which is based upon the modified version of Linux kernel. A recent report from ComScore says that Android is the most widely used smartphone platform.

According to comScore ’s data, Google’s Android rose from 23.5% market share in October 2010 to 31.2% in January 2011, enough to securely grab first place from RIM ’s BlackBerry, which fell 35.8% in October 2010 to 30.4% in January 2011.

Apple’s iOS experienced a minute growth in the same period: from 24.6% to 24.7%, while Microsoft and Palm continued losing market share, ending at 8.0% and 3.2%, respectively.

[via Mashable]

0 comments:

Post a Comment