Teachers use GPS technology to track kids who skip school

Posted by David Khoirul
I skipped my class, especially in English subject, at least once a week when I was still a High School student at SMK M 8, a vocational school in Paciran, back in 2003. Three years later I knew that skipping was bad. It destroys your parents' trust, degrades yourself, and deprives you of knowledge you should actually get.

To solve this skipping problem, police and school officials in Anaheim, California, are turning to GPS tracking to make sure the students come to class. Had it existed during my school years, I would have been caught every week.

The Anaheim Union High School District is the first in California to test Global Positioning System technology as part of a six-week pilot program that began last week, officials said.

Each morning on schooldays, they get an automated phone call reminding them that they need to get to school on time.

Then, five times a day, they are required to enter a code that tracks their locations -- as they leave for school, when they arrive at school, at lunchtime, when they leave school and at 8 p.m.

[via OCRegister]

0 comments:

Post a Comment