My blog in 2010 and 2011

Posted by David Khoirul
Happy New Year 2011 pictures images photosWith new year just around the corner, I'd like to summarize what has happened to my blog davidkhoirul.com this year, and what resolution is going to be made for the year 2011.

Officially, this blog was created using Google Blogger -- also known as blogspot -- in 2008, making it my very first weblog. I write most of its posts via email and Opera Mini on my Sony Ericsson T630, Nokia 6020, and now Sony K600i, an activity that I call as "mobile blogging." Davidkhoirul.blogspot.com is the real URL of this blog. From 2008 to 2009, I kept managing the blog and continued writing in English before creating another blog, DavidJuly.blogspot.com, which now becomes a storage of my Javanese posts.

In July 2010, after winning a free one-year dot com domain for a writing contest held by domain store Syar'ie, I changed the url of the blog. Previously, the domain davidkhoirul.com was used for my WordPress blog hosted on free web hosting 00space.com. The blog, however, only lasted for three months. The reason why I left the WordPress page is the hosting service problems: 00space suspended my account and blocked my login data, saying that I had broken its terms of services. More than 10 articles were lost, most of them my favorites, including the ones about prophet cartoons that were quoted and published by Indonesian respected news media such as Antara News Agency and Kompas.

I also happened to create a WordPress-based mobile blog on free hosting kilu.de in September 2010 under subdomain wap.davidkhoirul.com, named NARASEL and written in Bahasa Indonesia. NARASEL covers discussions about mobile blogging, wapmastering and Java applications.

The resolution? I hope to improve my writing skill through blogging, increase blog traffic, and make more money from the davidkhoirul.com. My target is that I want to write at least 1000 original posts in 2011.

Happy new year, everyone! Do you have any new year resolution for your blog?

3 comments:

  1. 1000 posting bro? it will be hard :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluehost is ultimately one of the best web-hosting provider with plans for any hosting needs.

    ReplyDelete