Does Facebook acquire CC.cc?

Posted by David Khoirul

CC.cc redirects to Facebook profileAfter Facebook acquired Fb.com in November last year, the social network giant now seems to grab another domain. My blogging friend Dery Supriadi commented on my status this morning, telling me that free domain service CC.cc was redirected to Facebook when he used his username, dravide, as its sub-domain name.

So it looks like this: dravide.cc.cc. This URL redirects to facebook.com/dravide/, and will also redirect to your profile if you enter your Facebook username in replace of dravide.

I myself have no idea why this happens. When I google-searched informmation on this domain redirection, I ended up finding nothing, and came to realize that Facebook itself has not announced any official words concerning the redirection.

Did Facebook acquire CC.cc? Readers, please leave your comments on this issue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment