Nahdlatul Ulama

Posted by David Khoirul
My mom is a Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) member. She was educated and disciplined in Nahdlatul Ulama environment and schools. But instead of putting me into NU school, my mom sent me to Muhammadiyah schools such as primary school MIM 11 TPAY, junior high school MTs M 11 Dengok and vocational school SMK M 8 Paciran. I know my mom is not an NU fanatic and I love it. For me, being too much is not good in Islam as the prophet teaches us that anything beyond its portion is never good.

NU is a traditionalist Sunni Islam group founded in East Java in January 31, 1926 by Wahab Chasbullah and Hasyim Asy'ari, who is the grandfather of the late president Abdurrahman Wahid or Gus Dur. With around 80 million members, Nahdlatul Ulama is the largest Islamic organization in Indonesia and in the world. KH Ahmad Sahal Mahfudz is the leader or the Rais Aam Syuriah of the organization, now based in Jakarta.

In Blimbing and Paciran, NU schools and pesantren, including Mazra'atul Ulum and Ponpes Sunan Drajat, are attended by students from various places, outside the city and even from overseas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment