Free access to Facebook via FB zero

Posted by David Khoirul
Facebook now allows mobile users to access its mobile page for free. It's called Facebook Zero, a new product of Facebook first announced by Facebook spokesman Chamath Palihapitiya in Mobile World Congress 2010 in Barcelona. Facebook Zero, which displays a text-only mobile page, has started to be applied in Indonesia's Indosat, Telkomsel and Tri and should charge you no pulsa (airtime) unless you wish to access a richer version of multimedia content. My friend Dery Supriadi, however, told me it was not completely free.

You are still charged 11 kb for the first access athough you see a notification saying, "Akses gratis dari Indosat," at the top of the page.

"Operators can offer a Facebook Zero as a free service to its customers and an additional charge if the user wants to access a richer version of multimedia content," says Palihapitia.

Facebook Zero can be accessed via http://zero.facebook.com or http://0.facebook.com. I don't think this new product can be of my favourite since I've always disabled the image mode in my Opera Mini whenever I access my Facebook account, weblog admin and other web pages.

Do you find this new product of Facebook useful?

0 comments:

Post a Comment